OUT CELEBRATES THE 19th ANNUAL OUT100 PRESENTED BY BUICK
OUT celebrates the most compelling people of the year with the OUT100 Presented by Buick, with Buick also presenting the inaugural Readers’ Choice Award to actress Laverne Cox
OUT (www.out.com) announced today it has once again partnered with Buick (www.buick.com) to become the presenting sponsor of the OUT100, OUT’s highly-anticipated annual program extending across the brand’s print and online properties and culminating with the annual gala to be held in New York City on November 14. This is the fourth consecutive year that Buick has served as the program’s presenting sponsor. This year’s OUT100 will be highlighted with exclusive, live performances by Debbie Harry of Blondie, The Dolls, and out country star Steve Grand.
“We are honored to welcome back Buick as presenting sponsor of this year’s OUT100,” remarks Joe Landry, EVP Sales for OUT. “The OUT100 event is our largest and most enduring franchise thanks to sponsors like Buick, who continue to support OUT’s bold vision and demonstrate their ongoing commitment to the LGBT community.”
The invite-only OUT100 event will take place Thursday, November 14, 2013, at Terminal 5 in New York City. The evening will highlight a gallery of stunning imagery from the OUT100 — a panorama of athletes, entertainers, newsmakers, fashionistas, and artists — all photographed by Danielle Levitt (http://daniellelevitt.com/).
Today, OUT also began the roll out if its annual OUT100 portfolio of honorees. During the OUT100 gala, Buick will present the inaugural OUT100 Readers’ Choice Award. This year the award will be presented to activist, actress, and star of Orange Is the New Black, Laverne Cox. OUT invited readers to vote for the first annual Readers’ Choice Award from a selection of 10 of this year’s OUT100 honorees. The readers chose Cox based on her work as an advocate changing perceptions of what it means to be transgender. Other Readers’ Choice Award nominees included: Dustin Lance Black, Kate Bornstein, Thom Browne, Steve Grand, Roberta Kaplan, Mary Lambert, Bill Porter, Nate Silver, and George Takei.
Read more about these OUT100 honorees now at:
- Laverne Cox – The actress and advocate is changing perceptions of what it means to be transgender
- Dustin Lance Black – The writer and activist’s efforts helped with the efforts to overturn Prop. 8 in California
- Billy Porter – The Tony-winning actor also uses his talent to help at-risk LGBT youth
- Nate Silver – The statistician and best-selling author is reshaping what it means to be a gay geek—and influencing culture every step of the way
- Steve Grand – His sudden success as an openly gay country singer is inspiring a new generation of singers and songwriters
- Thom Browne – The menswear designer received national attention when he dressed Michelle Obama for the president’s inauguration
- Roberta Kaplan – The lawyer who tried the case that took down DOMA still says it’s all about Edie Windsor’s incredible life story
- George Takei – The actor is using his celebrity to advocate for LGBT and human rights issues
- Mary Lambert – The singer-songwriter collaborated on one of the biggest pop hits, “Same Love”
- Kate Bornstein – Whether you’re a ‘freak’ or teen, this transgender trailblazer wants you to stay alive
Watch behind the scenes of the Readers’ Choice honorees’ photo shoots at:
“Buick is proud to celebrate the extraordinary contributions of the individuals recognized in this year’s OUT100,” said Sandra Moore, Buick Advertising and Promotions Director.
The OUT100 print issue will be available on newsstands November 19, 2013.
Check back over the next two weeks for the continued roll out of the OUT100 honorees. For updates on the OUT100 list and exclusive content please visit www.out.com/OUT100.
OUT is currently available to consumers as a monthly print or digital publication found on newsstands and at select retailers or via subscription. OUT can also be accessed digitally at www.out.com or on mobile devices and is part of Here Media’s #1 LGBT digital network, which reaches over 8 million unique visits per month (Google Analytics, July 2013). The OUT100 will be available on newsstands November 19, 2013 and online in early November at www.out.com/out100.