OUT`s 6th Annual Ranking of the 50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America
Posted: 04/26/2012 - 16:54
Apple CEO Tim Cook leads this year’s list with Ellen DeGeneres, Peter Thiel, Ryan Murphy, and Rachel Maddow rounding out the top five.
OUT, the world’s leading gay fashion and lifestyle brand, presents the sixth annual Power 50, a who’s who of prominent gay men and women representing all walks of life. From entertainers and politicians to activists and entrepreneurs, the Power 50 spotlights individuals who influence the way others live — either through their public personas, politics, or wealth — and affect cultural and social attitudes.
Someone like Tim Cook, number 1 on this year’s Power 50 list, shows his influence through technological dominance. Others, like Freedom to Marry’s Evan Wolfson, who rounds out the list, do it through a slow uphill struggle that takes decades but can result in equal rights for millions of Americans.
Other notable figures in this year’s Power 50 include:
· Anderson Cooper (No. 6) — The journalist, news anchor, and talk show host just got his daytime gabber, Anderson, picked up for a second season as he continues to anchor his CNN staple, Anderson Cooper 360⁰.
· Andy Cohen (No. 10) – Cohen already dominates the TV airwaves by executive- or coproducing countless Bravo programs, but now that his talk show, Watch What Happens Live, is airing five nights a week, he’s become a certified TV personality.
· Neil Patrick Harris (No. 11) — Harris continues to be one of the most fan-adored TV stars, and his time spent in the spotlight as a loving dad of two young children allows for even more public respect and adulation.
· Tammy Baldwin (No. 12) — The Wisconsin congresswoman and U.S. Senate candidate was the first openly gay nonincumbent elected to the House of Representatives and, should she win, would be the first gay U.S. Senator.
· Suze Orman (No. 25) — She’s the top financial guru to the masses who, with her “The Approved Card,” created her own currency. With over 1.2 million Twitter followers, Orman shows no signs of slowing down.
· Perez Hilton (No. 39) — The king of link-bait has increased his online empire and remains a go-to for millions who need a gossip fix.
View the entire Power 50 list here:
The OUT brand is currently available to consumers as a monthly print publication found on newsstands and at select retailers or via subscription. Out can also be accessed digitally at www.out.com or on Apple mobile devices through the Zinio application.
Post a Comment: (0) Comments: